Dance Teacher Beverley Wood has vast experience of dance spreading over 3 decades. Training in all styles including Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop.
Bev is a qualified Advance teacher and examiner of SABOD. Is an international judge for the International Dance Organisation in both Tap, Modern and Show Dance. Has judge for many times for the IDO World Tap Dance Championships in Germany and IDO World Championships in Modern, Jazz & Ballet in Poland.
Teaching is her passion and her career, and she has taught many dancers across Gauteng. Bev has put many dancers through their teacher’s qualification.
Bev has a deep love and passion for tap & jazz dance and is well known for her unique choreography in this genre, which has led to her success nationally and internationally.
At home in GlenVista, Bev has owned and operated a successful dance school for the many years sharing her passion of dance and her love and concern she has for people. Some of her dancers have starred in Broadway shows and are studying dance overseas and performing in companies around the world.
Currently, Bev is the President of South African Body of Dance.
Academic qualifications include:
- Higher Diploma in Education (Pretoria College of Education)
- BA- Unisa (Specializing in Gifted child education)
- BEd (Honours) Unisa
Professional awards: In 2004 Eunice received the Teacher of the year award from the late Minister Kadar Asmal and was commissioned by the then President Thabo Mbeki to take a group of 16 university students to Timbuktu to visit the Ahmed Baba library where the great African manuscripts are housed. History, Arts and Culture were the focus of the trip.
Eunice trained under Anna Nell: (RAD Ballet) and Madeleine Rowland (modern). Whilst at university she trained under Carol Coetzee 1880-1983. Eunice has 38 years of dance teaching experience and has been an Associate member of the SABOD since 1984.
In 2014 Eunice, passed the Advanced SABOD Modern Teachers Exam and in 2018 passed her International Dance Organisation, (IDO) Jazz, Modern & Contemporary as well as her Hip Hop adjudicator’s exams. Eunice is currently training as a SABOD examiner.
In 2007 Eunice was elected as Vice President of the South African Body of Dance, and in 2018 was elected onto the National Executive Body of DanceSport South Africa, with the portfolio, Director: ‘Women in Sport’.
Eunice has played a vital role in the process of the dancers entering the SABOD/IDO competitions, receiving their Provincial and National colours.
The Eunice Marais School of Dance has produced multiple Hip Hop world champions in the Solo, Duo, Small group, Formation and Production sections in the IDO World championships.
Eunice is passionate about the upliftment of youth and provides extraordinary dance opportunities to young dancers from all walks of life.
Craig Bullock, DanceWeb Co-founder and Co-owner, is a Director on the board of South African Body Of Dance(SABOD) and has been appointed as a National Examiner(SABOD) and International Adjudicator(IDO).
He is also a director of International DanceSport(IDS), DanceSport SA Development Director(DSSA),CEO StreetDance Association(SDA) and brainchild of the DanceSport School League.
Craig is able to judge the following prestigious International events:
World Championship and World Cup
- Dance Grand Prix
- The IDO’s European Championship
- International Dance Organisation competitions
In 2002, Craig was nominated as South African Hip-Hop Coach and went on to manage the South African StreetDance Team when they performed in Germany in October 2003.
At the IDO World StreetDance Championship held in Austria 2011, Craig won gold for Hip-Hop Formation choreography.
Since 2007, Craig as a choreographer has also achieved numerous gold, silver and bronze medals in the international competitive dance arena.
Craig has done workshops both locally and internationally and has collaborated with some very talented artists in the industry.
Being passionate about our youth, Craig has worked on projects with the United Nations’ Children’s Education Fund and the Department of Education, using Street Dance as an outreach tool to help the youth of South Africa deal with drug, gender based violence and teen pregnancy problems within schools.
Craig was also the Dance Consultant and Choreographer to the SA dance movie Pop Lock n Roll.
Having devoted my entire life to dance, I feel privileged to have successfully summited all aspects of the industry, being: Producing, Directing, Choreographing, Judging, Mentoring and Teaching both locally and internationally.
I am proud of having been one of the original pioneers of Transformation in dance in our Rainbow Nation, having paved the way for many of our super stars who have been recognised in South Africa and around the world, as leaders in their fields.
The fact that I have impacted 1000s of dancer’s lives, is indescribable and will remain embedded in me for life.
My vision, is to grow the next generation with my lifetime of experiences. I strongly subscribe to The Power of Courtesy and believe that when you add courtesy to something you love, it returns twofold.
I remain humble and my work ethos is based on honesty, professionalism, integrity, versatility and an enormous amount of love and passion.
Kyle John Behrens
Honours with Distinction
- Certificate of Attendance For Seminar Systems Supporting Learning (ILT)
- First Aid
Owner/Principle: 1 October 2016 – Present
- Completed all Freestyle amateur examinations from Pre Bronze to Annual Award (2006) with Honours.
Amateur Competitive Career:
- I started my amateur dance career at DANCE ZONE from the age of 11. I owe the success of my amateur dance career to my numerous trainers who have had the greatest influence in my life, being; David Jones, Genetia King, Cindy Foggitt, Vaughn Harris and Sam Kotze.
- Winner of numerous South African Championship Titles in Freestyle Solo, Slowdance Solo, Freestyle Duo’s, Rock ’n’ Roll and Hustle.
- Championship Finalist in Freestyle Duo’s and Slowdance Solo at the British Open Championships 2015 held in Blackpool, UK.
Professional Career Highlights
- Danced in many short productions at Carnival City, Choreographed by Claire van Niekerk.
- Danced in the show “Rhythm Through Time” at the Royal Madinat Theatre in Dubai with many of South Africa’s finest and world champion Dancers, Choreographed by Ashleigh Moore (2008).
- Choreographed many school production including all time favourite, Joseph and the Technicolour Dream Coat for Bryanston Primary. Achieving standing ovations nightly.
- Trained many Champions including the current, undefeated South African Championship title holders in Rock ‘n Roll and Hustle.
- Active member of the SADTA Gauteng Branch Committee.
- Honoured to have judged many SADTA Festival and Championship titles. Including the South African Championships.
- Dance Mouse Syllabus choreographer and examiner.
- Qualified as an IDO Adjudicator for Disco and Disco Freestyle at the EURODISCO – IDO European Disco and Disco Freestyle Championships 2015 held in Örebro, Sweden. Hosted by Knut Saeborg.
- Enthusiastic MC/Compere for SADTA competitions
- Started DANCECORP on the 1 October 2016
- Supporting Sections Adjudicator – The 2017 World Freestyle Dance Championships – Blackpool, UK.
- Appointed Choreographer for Fourways Highschool Musical Production – Chicago (2017).
- MC for Sun City, Battle Of The Giants 2018.
- Championship Adjudicator – The 2018 World Freestyle Dance Championships – Blackpool, UK..
- World Championships Adjudicator – The 2019 World Freestyle Dance Championships – Blackpool, UK.
- Attended ‘Power Presence’ Speaking with Confidence Workshop 2019 hosted by the Dynamic Voice Company.
- Championship Adjudicator – The South African Freestyle Dance Championships 2019 – Gauteng, South Africa
I am classically trained. Completed all my SADTA modern exams, trained by Carol Coetsee.
Became an associate member of SADTA in 1974. When the new associate syllabus was released the following year passed that exam as well.
Passed advanced teacher’s exam in 1981. Was nominated as an examiner in 1998. Started examining in 2000. I am also qualified to examine hip hop.
I was involved in creating new pre grades modern syllabus for grades 1-4. I have always been passionate about improving the standard of dance. My classical training has always brought technique to the fore.
I have been instrumental in upgrading the syllabus available to teachers on video and am involved in upgrading a new grade each year by adding new musical theatre dances to each grade.
I am constantly involved teaching at seminars where teachers become inspired and have also been involved in conducting teaching seminars in other provinces in South Africa.
I am really interested in expanding SABOD internationally, so our exam syllabus can be taught globally, an inspiration for the future.
I have run my own school for 49 years, entering dancers into exams and competitions, too many to remember.
I am presently creating a new syllabus called Solo Showcase Exam for advanced modern dancers to take part in, with the first entries being next year during the AGM and seminar.
I entered my first IDO competition over 30 years ago. Was the first trainer to combine talented students entered under the South African dance team, which has won many world titles over the years in show dance, jazz, modern and ballet.
I completed my regional and national exams in SA as a judge. I passed my official IDO judges license in 2007 in New York with Bill Fowler. Completed mock judging at Show Dance World Champs in 2009. Started judging as an official judge for South Africa in 2010 and have been judging in Germany and Poland to date.
I was the head of Performing Arts for SABOD competitions for many years and served as a member of the competition committee.
Owner of The DANCE Connection, Bloemfontein, since 1984. Branched out to Welkom in 2015
Teaching period: 36 years since 1984
- FREESTYLE: FELLOW (SADTA) – LICENTIATE (IDTA)
- LATIN: STUDENT TEACHERS (SADTA)
- MODERN: ADVANCED (SABOD)
- HIP HOP: SABOD
- ACROBATICS: ADVANCED – Acrobatic Federation of SA (AFSA)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE APART FROM STUDIO TEACHING:
- Head coach and choreographer: Free State, Kwazulu-Natal and Northern Cape Combined team for 2007 World Gymnastraeda in Dornbern, Austria as well as Head Coach and Choreographer of Free State Gymnastraeda team for 2011 World Gymnastraeda in Lousanne, Switzerland
- Junior Lecturer Dance Movement: University of the Free State 2006
- Appointed as Internal Moderator for DANCE STUDIES at Free State Department of Education
- Adjudicator Freestyle Worlds, Blackpool 2008
- External Examiner: Dance Movement UOFS 2009
- Qualified IDO Disco Dance Adjudicator
- SADTA Freestyle Examiner
- AFSA Acrobatic Examiner
- President of SADTA
- Chairperson SADTA Free State Branch
- Participated in IDO HIP HOP Competition in 2015 : received a Silver Medal for Hip Hop Formation Team
- Trained various dance champions in different genres
Brigette Reeve Taylor
Freelance Dance Choreographer
Trainer – Horton Technique
Mass Event Choreographer
IDO International Judge
Founder: Dancers Love Dogs
BRIGITTE REEVE TAYLOR qualified as an AIDT teacher 40 years ago and was invited by the board of the AIDT as an examiner both local and International in 1994.
Brigitte Danced professionally for 3 years with the PACE DANCE THEATRE COMPANY after which she left to concentrate on developing her studio.
She travels annually to the USA to take dancers on educational tours and has taught Master Classes in New York, London, Canada, Australia, Seattle, Boston, Los Angeles, New Jersey, San Francisco and at Codarts in Holland.
Brigitte choreographed for the opening ceremony of the “World Cup Cricket” and the Ghana “Africa Cup of Nations”.
She also choreographed the award winning Turkish “Akbank”, Italian “Nestle”, Danish “Bergenbier” and Spanish “RTVE”, TV commercials in Bucharest – Romania and Barcelona as well as the South African “Sanlam Herds” and the “Pepsi” advert for 2010 World Cup Soccer.
Brigitte worked as Director of Choreography for the Sultan of Oman, for the 2010 “OMAN NATIONAL DAY” celebration – with 12 000 performers.
Brigitte is working freelance – training dancers in the Horton Technique (UCT Dance
Degree programme/ LAMTA / BRDC / Pneumatics and trains teachers in the AIDT Associate Diploma. She continues to examine, adjudicate and teach around the country and internationally. In 2018 she was appointed as an IDO international judge and was on the panel of the South African, WORLD OF DANCE.
She shares her passion of dance, with assisting animals through her foundation, Dancers Love Dogs.
In 2016 Brigitte was awarded the Glamour Woman of the Year title for her work through Dancers Love Dogs.
In 2021 she Nominated as the Ambassador to the Animal Welfare Society for her contribution to work for Animals in South Africa.
Tina has been teaching RAD Ballet and SABOD Modern and Hip Hop for more than 30 years.
She has been part of the INTERNATIONAL DANCE ORGANIZATION for more than 15 years and am currently Head of the Ballet Department.
Tina is the Chairperson of the Royal Academy of Dance and recently qualified as an Examiner for SABOD in Modern and Hip Hop.
Tina has judged locally and adjudicated many Festivals and Competitions in South Africa she has also judged Internationally for more than 10 years. The most recent being the Showdance in Germany and Ballet, Modern, Contemporary and Jazz in Poland in 2019.
Tina is passionate about dance and honoured to be part of any panel of Judges.
I am the owner of One Step Ahead Dance Studio based in Edenvale, Johannesburg. Dancing since the age of 2, I have been a studio owner for 24 years offering training in modern, jazz, contemporary and tap. I matriculated from the Original Art Ballet Drama and Music School in Parktown 1988.
I have been trained in Ballet, Tap, Modern, Ballroom and Latin American. I am an Associate Member of the Royal Academy of Ballet and a Full Member of The South African Body of Dance.
I earned my Protea Colours for representing South Africa at the IDO Tap World Championships in 2002. I am an International Licensed Judge for IDO in Showdance and Tap and have attended and represented South Africa as an official judge at the IDO World Tap Championships in Riesa as well as IDO Showdance World Championships in Riesa and Prague on several occasions.
I am currently a member of the SABOD examiners board. I have been very fortunate to have trained and developed young dancers who have gone on to become World Champions and Vice World Champions in Showdance, Jazz, Tap and Modern.
I have been training children from the very early learning stages all the way through to professional dancers and love instilling the passion of dance in these dancers. I believe that the journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step!
Carolyn Ann Passmore – Cally
Having started dancing at the age of 3 years, I completed my RAD ballet exams and the AIDT Tap and Modern Exams. I currently hold teaching certificates in Tap, Hip Hop and Modern with the AIDT. In between this I did professional dancing for 8 years (1988-1996)
Starting my own studio in 1995 and currently still running it on the East Rand. I am an active member with the following associations: – AIDT Modern / Tap and Hip Hop, ERDF Member and SABOD
My area of expertise: – Tap/Jazz/Showdance
- Dance World Cup SA Finals 2016
- Local festivals – various
- IDO competitions locally – Various
- IDO Germany Tap 2019 December
SADTA / IDTA qualifications:
- Freestyle – Fellow
- Latin American
- IDO Chairlady of SADTA Gauteng, National Secretary for SADTA.
- International Adjudicator.
Judged on behalf of South Africa at 8 World Dance Championships both overseas and nationally.
Judged for Anna Jones on her online e-dance competition – Dancer of the Decade as well as multiple national champions including 1st round of continent vs continent
Premier Champ, Championship and World Trial Circuit Adjudicator for national competitions. Run and Manage my own successful Studio for the last 23 years. Have trained various students that have qualified to represent South Africa in the Disco as well as Freestyle World Championships
Organize and host annual competition for Disco, Freestyle and various other styles
Choreograph for school performances / shows. Organise, host and choreograph for showcases
Choreographed for IDTA Annual Online Seminar 2021 as a VIP guest. Medal test examiner, Professional examiner, Professional Lecturer for training courses and workshops for the SADTA.
Attended all Online IDO, IDTA AND SADTA ONLINE courses and seminars, IDO Worlds adjudicator &
Trainer for Professionals as well as amateur dancer.
This is a brief overview , I have a true passion for dance and strive to continuously help the sport to rise to higher standards.
Mary-anne du Plessis
Owner of Rhythm Xtreme InternationalI, Mary-anne has trained and competed in various dance styles and holds the highest qualification (Fellow) through the South African Dance Teachers Association.
Mary-anne has 18 years teaching experience, sits on the SADTA Gauteng branch committee and is a qualified championship and international adjudicator.
Mary-anne has competed as a professional at the IDO Disco Dance World championships in Germany (2011) and South Africa (2012)
Mary-anne believes that one dancer at a time we can change the future. She believes in developing dancers into well adapted, confident people who can succeed in all areas of their lives. By sharing her passion for dance she passes the light on and believes the dancers she trains will go out and do the same and slowly but surely the world will light up in beautifully, bright dancing colours.